Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WE NEED TO PRAY, DON'T WE !


 Ask the Holy Spirit to Come, then Pray in the Spirit !


Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful
and enkindle in them the fire of Thy Love.
Send forth Thy Spirit and They shall be created
and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.


 
I Want the Holy Spirit!
 
 
I Want the Theological Virtues!
 
"There are three theological virtues: They inform all the moral virtues and give life to them. 
Faith - Hope - Charity"
 

I Want the Gifts of the Holy Spirit!
 
"The moral life of Christians is sustained by the gifts of the Holy Spirit. These are permanent dispositions which make man docile in following the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
Wisdom - Understanding - Counsel - Fortitude - Knowledge - Piety - Fear of the Lord"  
 
I Want the Fruits of the Holy Spirit!
 
"The fruits of the Spirit are perfections that the Holy Spirit forms in us as the first fruits of eternal glory. The tradition of the Church lists twelve:
Charity - Joy - Peace - Patience - Kindness - Goodness - Generosity - Gentleness - Faithfulness - Modesty - Self-control - Chastity"
THE CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ONLINE (1830-1832,1841)

 
I Want to Pray in the Holy Spirit! 
 
Mother Mary calls it  "Prayer of the Heart"
 
"...Continue to pray, but pray with the heart.  Dear children, again it is necessary for you to pray to the Holy Spirit ... " (Message from Mary at Medjugorje, June 2, 1984)

"I invite you, again, to prayer of the heart. If you pray with the heart, dear children, the eyes of your brothers will melt, and every barrier will disappear. Conversion will be easy for all those who want to receive it. It is a gift which you must implore for your neighbor." (Message to the parish, January 23, 1986)

"In prayer, abandon yourselves to God. Pray with the heart." (August 9, 1984, Medjugorje)

"I offer some special graces to all those who pray with the heart." (February 6, 1986, Medjugorje)

"I am with you and I wish to teach you to pray with the heart. In prayer with the heart you shall encounter God." (October 25, 1989, Medjugorje)

"I invite you to pray with the heart in order that your prayer may be a conversation with God. I desire each one of you to dedicate more time to God." (September 25, 1990, Medjugorje)

"Dear children, pray with the heart to know how to forgive and how to be forgiven. I thank you for your prayers and the love you give to me." (June 25, 1997, Medjugorje)

"Dear children! Also today I call you to pray for peace. Pray with the heart, little children, and do not lose hope because God loves His creatures. He desires to save you, one by one, through my coming here. I call you to the way of holiness. Pray, and in prayer you are open to God's will; in this way, in everything you do, you realize God's plan in you and through you. Thank you for having responded to my call." (March 25, 2003, Medjugorje)

“Dear children! At this time, in a special way I call you: 'pray with the heart'. Little children, you speak much and pray little. Read and meditate on Sacred Scripture, and may the words written in it be life for you. I encourage and love you, so that in God you may find your peace and the joy of living." (February 25, 2012, Medjugorje) ALL MEDJUGORJE MESSAGES (this blog)

 
"My secret is quite simple - I pray!"
Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta taught, "Prayer is a conversation with God; a piece of the inner, spiritual life; the characteristic and mark of a faithful Christian's heart; a continual movement of the Holy Spirit; a work of divine healing. Prayer is an indicator of a true and faithful Christian, a powerful living witness of the Holy Spirit. Prayer is a precious work and the highest honor, to be offered to God alone. It must be done in the love of God and the joy of faith with total resignation to God's will and certain expectation of divine help. Prayer unites people with God and brings them into the realm of the Divine." [Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta]
 
Saint Teresa of Avila said, "How often I failed in my duty to God, because I was not leaning on the strong pillar of prayer." [Saint Teresa of Avila] 

 
I need the Holy Spirit to Pray!

I close my eyes. The Holy Spirit Comes!

I pray the Sign of the Cross.
The Holy Spirit Comes!

I ask the Holy Spirit to Come,
and He comes!


COME HOLY SPIRIT!


Love, Jeanne