Tuesday, March 26, 2013

CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS KNEW SOMETHING!

  

First landing of Columbus on the shores of the New World,
at San Salvador W.I., Oct. 12th 1492
( Dióscoro Teófilo Puebla Tolín, 1862) Wikipedia


CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS KNEW SOMETHING!
These words just blurted out of my "mouth" when I was signing off on a post at the Medjugorje Forum.  It didn't make sense with anything I had been thinking or reading or writing, but I just left it there anyway.  It's been on my mind since November.  Yesterday, it occurred to me to try to find out if Christopher Columbus ever offered a prophecy.  I was thinking, "Maybe my 'mouth' knew something." It turns out that it did and he did! 

According to the Wikipedia article, "Book of Prophecies"  The Book of Prophecies (in Spanish, El Libro de las Profecías) is a compilation of apocalyptical religious revelations written by Christopher Columbus towards the end of his life, probably with the assistance of his friend the Carthusian monk Gaspar Gorricio. It was written between September 1501 and March 1502, with additions until about 1505.

Googling on, I soon found The Insider, an informative website that reports the corrosive undercurrents of modern politics, religion, and the social order.  It says,
"Christopher Columbus produced a famous book, The Book of Prophecies, containing over 200 biblical and patristic passages which he compiled, but how many people understand why?


"When Columbus made his case to win support from the Vatican and the Spanish monarchy, at the centre of his manifesto was a millennial prophecy about the destiny of the land that he would discover. A 'New World' was to arise in the West to fight a final Crusade against the Arab powers of the Middle East."
My heart leapt at these words.  My "brief and unexpected inspiration by the Holy Spirit," was truth!  I had an obligation to do more research and share the results with those who discerned the same.  By the end of the day, I had ordered a copy of Columbus's book, translated into English, from my favorite bookstore.  :)  We're going to talk about this more widely, especially in relation to some things revealed by Our Lady of America.  OUR LADY OF AMERICA

Love, Jeanne