Tuesday, September 24, 2013


Disasters to befall the Church, France, Europe, and the World  

(Researched and written by YVES DUPONT (1922-1979) in French, then translated by Dupont, himself, into English.   Published in his own periodical, World Trends, published by TENET BOOKS, P.O. BOX 180, HAWTHORN, VIC. 3122, AUSTRALIA)  I transcribed my issues of the World Trends,  three part, July 1976, “Exclusive Edition” #47, #48, #49, word for word because it is practically impossible to obtain them now. It was evidently a miracle that I was able to purchase it several years ago, and I really feel an obligation to pass it on to you.  So an unaltered version follows here.  It may take me several days to get it all down.  I will probably add the photographic images later.  Any text in brackets [like this] is added by me to help with clarity.(Jeanne) 

Below is a transcription of Yves Dupont’s presentation of the Prophecies of Marie-Julie Jahenny of Fraudais, Brittany, France, 1st part of “Part I,” pp 3 – 12.
The Prophecies of La Fraudais by Yves Dupont_ Part I of Part I
Marie- Julie's Life and Stigmata
“My daughter,” the Lord says to Marie-Julie, “now I will convey to my true people, even before the coming of the momentous days that are without rest, the main events which are to be spread in France in those places where the righteous as well as the wicked are to be found.  I do not wish to wait until the momentous days come.  It would be too late to warn my people.” 
Speaking to St. Michael [the Archangel]:
“Oh, St. Michael,” Marie-Julie says, “you will not let his happen?”   
“The Lord Himself is sending me and He has charged me with all these warnings.  I must obey.” 
“I also would prefer not to hear this but, like yourself, I want to obey.” 
Marie-Julie Jahenny was born into a peasant family on February 12th, 1850, in the village of Coyault, not far from the township of Blain in Brittany.  She was the eldest of four children.  The others were Charles, Angèle, and Jeanne.  In 1853, the family moved to La Fraudais, about 2 ½ miles from Coyault.   Charles was born in 1853, Angèle in 1857,  and Jeanne in 1862.   
Marie-Julie was very devout, even as a little girl; but, unlike many privileged souls, she did not have any mystical experiences until she was over 20.  She made instruments of mortification for herself, such as a Cross with inset nails which she used to wear on her chest.  Instead of playing like other children, she would say the Rosary. 
Her parents were poor so that she had to work and could not go to school, except for a period of six months in order that “she might learn the Catechism better.”  During those 6 months at school she learnt how to read, but she never learnt to write. 
She wanted to be a nun, but her Director, Father David, one of the two curates of the Blain parish, opposed it because she was not strong.  She remained with her parents, helping with the work in the fields. 
At the age of 23 she fell seriously ill, and her Doctor could not say whether it was cancer of the stomach or a scrofulous tumour.  Her condition steadily worsened and Fr. David came to give her the last rites.  A month and a half later, however, she suddenly sat up in her bed, and, her eyes wide open, gazed motionless in front of her, then fell back heavily as if dead.  Later in the day, she said she had seen the Blessed Virgin Mary, twice.  A few weeks later, Our Lady appeared again, and the following dialogue took place: 
“My dear child, will you accept the five wounds of my Divine Son?” 
“But what are those five wounds?” 
“They are the marks left by the nails which pierced His hands and His feet, and the wound made with a lance.” 
“Yes, with all my heart,” said Marie-Julie with a sob, “if this is what my Jesus wants and if He finds me worthy of it.” 
“Will you also suffer all your life for the conversion of sinners?” 
“Yes, my dearest mother, if your Divine Son wishes it.” 
“My dear child, THIS WILL BE YOUR MISSION.” 

Five days later, on March 20th, 1873, Marie-Julie told her parents that she would receive the five wounds of Christ on the next day, a Friday.  On the Friday, at 9 a.m., she had a convulsion and lost consciousness.  This occurred five times and blood began to flow from each wound.  Two hundred people were waiting outside the small cottage of La Fraudais.  In the meantime, her father hurried to the presbytery at Blain and told Fr. Audrain, the parish priest, that his daughter was in great pain, and that her wounds would soon appear.  The priest laughed and said he would go when it had actually happened.  After the five convulsions had taken place, a neighbour, Mr. Cussonneau, went back to the presbytery; he was in tears.  The priest was having his midday dinner in company with the parish priest of Saint-Emilien, and a curate from Bouvron.  They arrived at La Fraudais to find that the flow of blood had ceased, but it had congealed in the palms of Marie-Julie’s hands.  She explained what had happened:  Jesus was there with His five wounds emitting luminous rays, but she, alone, could see Him.  A ray left each wound in turn and came to strike the corresponding parts of Marie-Julie’s body, causing each time a convulsion and loss of consciousness.  “It was as though I was being pierced with a red hot iron,” she said. 

In the afternoon of the same day, she went through the sufferings of the Passion of Christ for the first time.  On May 2nd, 1873, Father David, the curate from Blain brought Holy Communion to her.  Many people, including five priests, were present.  The mystical phenomena of that Friday began with an attack from the devil that lasted 1 ½ hours.  “No, no!” she said, and she jumped so violently in her bed that it broke in some places.  Then she received the visit of Our Lady and she asked her to cure her brother Charles who had an infected knee.  Almost immediately Charles felt his knee creaking and, discarding his walking sticks, he got up and walked unaided.  He cried with emotion, but he will limp for the rest of his life, although he can now work in the fields again.  This is the first miracle wrought by Almighty God through Marie-Julie. 
Later that year, she received the Crown of Thorns and the Holy Wound on the shoulder of Our Lord.  “Whosoever will meditate on this Wound,” the Lord told her, “will be treated with predilection... they will be strengthened at the time of death.” 
The following year, she received a mystical wedding ring from Our Lord:  her finger swelled, bled, and then a ring of flesh formed.  She had this wound for about 35 years, until 1909 or 1910 when it disappeared.  In 1930, the stigmatas on her hands and feet disappeared also, although occasionally they appeared again.  The wound in her side, which was about 7” long, began to decrease in size in 1937, but remained visible until her death in 1941, at the age of 91.  But Marie never ceased to suffer the Passion of Christ, not only the physical tortures but also the moral anguish of having been abandoned, judged by His own people, and betrayed by Pilate.  Marie endured the same sufferings for approximately 68 years, that is from the age of 23 until her death at 91.  She was bitterly calumniated even in her virtue of purity.  She was condemned by two successive parish priests, deprived of the sacraments for eleven years and her spiritual Director taken from her.  The bishop of her diocese, who was favourably disposed, was appointed elsewhere, and the new bishop, Mgr. Lecoq, at first ignored strict orders from the pope to give Marie the sacraments again.  A campaign of lies, in fact, a conspiracy was directed at her with the active participation of many of the clergy.  However, she was not completely bereft of human comfort for her family remained steadfast by her side.  Many priests supported her, in particular, the Dean of Savenay and the Dean of Nort.  These priests visited her often and witnessed her ecstasies.  Selfless friends, such as the Charbonnier brothers and Madame Gregoire wrote down her ecstasies for her, and it is thanks to these good people that more than 10,000 pages of documents have been written.  Finally, some influential priests in the Vatican, such as the good Fr. Vanutelli, worked untiringly so that the truth might be made known at the Holy Office despite lying reports from the French clergy.  Pope Leo XIII eventually ordered the French bishop to allow the sacraments to be received again by Marie-Julie.   
In 1874, she was struck with a sudden and inexplicable deafness, and this was to last for 10 years.  However, she could hear her own family quite well, Fr. David (her confessor), Mgr. Fournier (the first bishop who was later transferred), and Fr. Sionnet, (the representative of Mgr. Fournier), that is, no more than eight persons.  After the death of Mgr. Fournier, however, she could no longer hear Fr. Sionnet; but she could hear liturgical chants, the pealing of bells, and the chirping of birds. 
After Fr. David, her confessor, had been transferred, the lord said that she would not hear Fr. Rabine, the new confessor, who had been forced upon her by the new bishop, Mgr. Lecoq.  Fr. Rabine claimed that her deafness was not genuine and, for this reason, he refused to give her absolution. 
Six years later, in 1880, she no longer heard her own family, and she could not speak except during her ecstasies.  However, it was found, to the surprise of everyone, that she could hear the priest if he spoke in Latin, and she understood every word of it.   
From 1875 to 1881, she took no food at all, and her bowel and bladder stopped functioning.  In 1881 she was struck with paralysis of the left side, and confined to her armchair night and day.  She was so heavy that no one could lift her.  But every Thursday night, the Lord allowed her to be taken to bed, and then she was so light that even her brother Charles could lift her.  Every Friday morning her paralysis ceased for the day and she then began her Way of the Cross.  Her paralysis lasted four years.  Likewise, she was blind between 1880 and 1884.  All these mystical infirmities were the answer to a prayer she made in 1878:
“O Lord, extinguish everything in my mind, except the thought of Thy love.  O Lord, close my eyes to the things of this earth, to the world, to everything that displeases Thee, to everything that is not Thyself.  Allow them to be open only to see the things of Heaven.  O Lord, withdraw my tongue that has talked so much and needlessly, which has reasoned so much and in vain.  Take it away and put in a new one that will speak of Heaven only.  O Lord, close my ears to all the vain noises of the world.  Let them be opened only to hear the work which Thou wilt command and to execute Thy designs.” 
“Your heart is now mine,” the Lord told her, “even if men do not believe it, I shall show it to them one day:  I have put secrets in your heart that men will have to witness.” 
Most of these prophecies were made between 1873 and 1888.  Shortly before he died, her bishop, Mgr. Lecoq, made a last-minute act of reparation by sending her his very special blessing.  His successor, Mgr. Laroche, was very favourably disposed, but he died prematurely.  The next bishop in line, Mgr. Rouard, was rather cold towards her, but his successor, Mgr. Le Fer de la Motte, (who remained 21 years in the diocese of Nantes, from 1914 to 1935), was full of attentions to Marie-Julie, and asked her to offer up her sufferings specially for the clergy of his diocese.  The last bishop to occupy the See of Nantes during her lifetime was Mgr. Villepelet, from 1936 to 1966.  He was completely indifferent to the events of La Fraudais.  In short, six successive bishops occupied the See of Nantes during her lifetime, to wit, Mgrs. Fournier, Lecoq, Laroche, Rouard, Le Fer de La Motte, and Villepelet.  Three of these were favourable to the apparitions, and three unfavourable in exact alternating succession.   
The lesson that we can draw from all this is that it is unwise to judge a particular report of apparitions on the opinion of one or even several bishops.  This is precisely what some contemporary writers such as Stephen Oraze and Robert Bergin are doing concerning recent reports of apparitions.  To them, the voice of a bishop is like the Word of the Holy Ghost!  As will be seen later in the prophecies, Our Lord told Marie that He would speak to men as never before, as the time of the “momentous days” approaches.  And, indeed, reports of apparitions have been so numerous since 1945 that it is practically impossible to list them without forgetting or overlooking a few.  However, since the Church is virtually in a state of apostasy, the genuine reports are not likely to be confirmed within the near future.  We may have to wait a long time. 
In 1892, or thereabouts, Marie-Julie’s father died, and in 1900 she lost her sister, Angèle.  Her mother went to her eternal reward in 1908  and, in 1922, her brother Charles passed away.  From that year onwards she lived alone in the little cottage. 
In June 1914, Marie was warned that a war was imminent.  She was profoundly saddened by this revelation, and her confessor, Fr. Lequeux, did not fail to notice it.  He asked her what was the matter and insisted so much that she finally told him what she knew.  At the end of the description which she gave him, the priest was very much upset.  He knelt down by the stigmatist, and they both prayed that the sufferings of the war might be mitigated.   
In 1918, a few weeks after the armistice, Our Lord spoke to her again:  “If My people do not come back to Me, if they do not acknowledge Me as their sovereign Lord, I shall enkindle My Justice again.  There will be a few conversions, but not of those who should be the first to confess their unfaithfulness and their contempt for My Divine Person.  If these people do not acknowledge Me, I shall strike again; I cannot be satisfied with so little thanksgiving.” 
In 1930 she asked the Lord if, perhaps, it might be time for Him to recall her, but the answer was negative.  Our Lord told her that He still needed her to alleviate the sufferings of another war. 
War broke out in 1939.  In November of that year she predicted that the war would be a long one and would finish badly.  Everyone in France, at that time, thought that the war would be very short.  It finished badly, indeed:  although victorious, the Anglo-Americans, at Yalta, made the unpardonable error of giving Stalin everything he wanted. 
In May, 1940, the German army overran the north of France in no more than a few days.  Someone told Marie: “In any case, we are safe here (at La Fraudais); they won’t come as far as Brittany.”  Promptly she answered:  “Wait and see;  they will go even further.”   
Also in May, she was prevailed upon to leave La Fraudais before the arrival of the German troops.  The roads were clogged with refugees; it was a very trying journey for a woman of 90.  She felt lost, lonely, and wanted to return to her cottage.  Our Lady came to comfort her;  “Do not cry.  I am blessing this house.”  (where she was).  “I have obtained from my Divine Son the end of fighting for France.  Wait a few more days, and the road (of return) will be free.” 
The armistice was signed in June and on July 8th  Marie and her friends drove back in the direction of La Fraudais.  But everyone on the way told them they would be stopped before reaching their destination and, indeed, they were stopped at a German check-point and were refused permission to proceed any farther.  They all began to pray the Rosary.  Suddenly, a German soldier came forward and, with out saying a word, waved them on through the check-point.  She reached La Fraudais safely.  Seven months later, in February 1941, she suddenly felt very ill, and finally passed away in March 1941.  

Love, Jeanne