Thursday, August 15, 2013

ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY


"Arise, make haste, my love, my dove, my beautiful one, and come."

"[1] I am the flower of the field, and the lily of the valleys. [2] As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters. [3] As the apple tree among the trees of the woods, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow, whom I desired: and his fruit was sweet to my palate. [4] He brought me into the cellar of wine, he set in order charity in me. [5] Stay me up with flowers, compass me about with apples: because I languish with love.
"[6] His left hand is under my head, and his right hand shall embrace me. [7] I adjure you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and the harts of the, fields, that you stir not up, nor make the beloved to awake, till she please. [8] The voice of my beloved, behold he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping over the hills. [9] My beloved is like a roe, or a young hart. Behold he standeth behind our wall, looking through the windows, looking through the lattices. [10] Behold my beloved speaketh to me: Arise, make haste, my love, my dove, my beautiful one, and come.  [11] For winter is now past, the rain is over and gone. [12] The flowers have appeared in our land, the time of pruning is come: the voice of the turtle is heard in our land: [13] The fig tree hath put forth her green figs: the vines in flower yield their sweet smell. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come: [14] My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hollow places of the wall, shew me thy face, let thy voice sound in my ears: for thy voice is sweet, and thy face comely."   Canticle of Canticles 2:1-10  DOUAY-RHEIMS CATHOLIC BIBLE ONLINE


Love, Jeanne